Jeremy Whiting, D.O. firmly believes that we all deserve to experience optimal health, a sharp and focused mind, ample energy levels, the strength and energy we need to accomplish our daily goals, in short; to live our lives full of vitality. He has witnessed the unfortunate decline of patients’ health due to various factors such as exposure to toxins and allergens, hidden infections, inflammation, and last but certainly not least, the detrimental effects of consuming a typical American diet. He has also witnessed the body’s amazing ability to heal itself when we remove harmful substances while at the same time provide the body with the vital elements it requires to function at its best. He believes in searching for the root cause of a disease so that we can fix the underlying issue rather than mask the symptoms with treatments that may result in side effects.
Dr. Whiting has helped his patients restore their health and vitality. In his experience, many people who become ill are deficient in multiple nutrients required for the body to function optimally and replacing these with diet and nutraceutical supplements can be powerful tools in reversing chronic disease. In our modern environment, some patients have unfortunately been exposed to excessive amounts of heavy metals, plastics, pesticides and other chemicals so it is important to test for these toxic exposures and once they are identified, enhance the body’s ability to eliminate them. Other patients have been exposed to infections from viruses, bacteria, yeast, and mold and these can be also be tested for and treated. Additionally, both men’s and women’s hormones can become imbalanced due to improper diet, excessive stress, and toxic exposures so it is essential to identify the causes of hormonal imbalances and correct them.
When you meet in consultation with Dr. Whiting he will spend the time necessary to fully understand your health concerns. You can expect him to search for the underlying causes of your bothersome symptoms using a comprehensive medical history, physical examination, and the latest laboratory testing. He will commonly prescribe individualized dietary plans including specific nutrient replacement, exercise regimens, botanical supplementation, and when necessary prescription medication.
His style is to work together with patients to develop a treatment plan that they feel is achievable from their own perspective. His top priority is helping patients reach their health goals and feeling their best!
• Family Medicine, Chief Resident. Adena Regional Medical Center, Chillicothe, OH
• Medical School, Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, Harrogate, TN
• B.S., Portuguese, minor in chemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
• Currently pursuing fellowship in Integrative Medicine through George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
• Institute for Functional Medicine, has completed all training modules and is actively pursuing formal certification
• Institute for Functional Medicine
• American College for Advancement in Medicine
• American Academy of Family Physicians
• American Osteopathic Association
• Former active duty member of the United States Air Force and currently serving as an officer in the U.S. Air Force Reserve
• Family Medicine